THINGS I’M DOING TO COMBAT ANXIETY DURING THE LOCKDOWN…

LockdownHello Beauties!! Longtime no see here on the blog (more reason to follow each other on the GRAM)! Hope everyone is holding up well during this lockdown in our world right now. Who knew that when we were joyfully making resolutions and setting goals in the new year that 2020 would turn out like this. Damn!! The whole world is on their knees due to this devilish corona virus. There have been a videos from Bill Gates and Obama, and a book from a few years back that suggested this day was coming, but somehow they escaped our very own eyes. Does that mean that the world is careless or we’re focusing on the wrong things?

On my absence from the blog. Honestly speaking it all comes down to starting a new job and losing the motivation because of this whole pandemic. I find myself not finding the words and enthusiasm to even type when I log on the dashboard. The stress of having to work even though half of the country was on lockdown got to me. In as much as it feels great to know that I am making a difference in the society, I was worried about myself seeing that my health (immune system) isn’t that great. Anyways I was forced to join the lockdown because my son’s school decided to shut as my son was the only one attending school.

We’re three weeks into the lockdown and most people are feeling miserable at this point. While this pandemic is terrible, I believe this is a lesson in disguise. It has brought oneness, compassion and believe it or not, people have started taking better care of themselves (hygiene). Honestly speaking I get bored sometimes, but I quickly pick myself up with the following;

* Dress Up Like You Got Somewhere To Go *

Did someone say grocery shopping or strolling? Yep, I’m dressing and making myself up for it. The weather has been hella sunny and therefore can not be wasted. Besides these clothes have to be worn before they start talking in the closet. Lol!

* Window Shopping Online *

The temptation to stress buy is on all time high now. I am not encouraging y’all to break your banks, but you can’t deny that window shopping makes one feel good. Superficial you say? Nope! At the rate this coronavirus is going I say do anything that brings joy. As far as it’s not hurting you, anybody and it’s legal. The Zara heels above is a new purchase from one of my online window shopping.

* Keep It Moving With Your Family *

Thank God for a son who loves to move and doesn’t shy away from exercising. On days I’m not motivated, he’ll encourage me through nagging to go to the park to play some football. I love it! Anything to bond with him is great. Organise party, picnic and games in your home.

* Stay Away From Fake News & Negativity *

This is the era of fake and exaggerated news so please choose your sources well. It can be depressing and heartbreaking. WHO is the only site to be trusted.

* Rest And Be Thankful *

Stop complaining and thank God you’re healthy and alive. A lot of people have lost their battle with coronavirus. It could have been us, but here we are so rest. Enjoy the time with whoever you’re quarantine’ing with. Read, dance and do something meaningful with your time.

What have you been doing with yourself during this lockdown?

Thanks much for your visits and meaningful comments. Have a nice week.

As always, I would love to connect with everyone onΒ INSTAGRAMΒ andΒ TWITTER.

1. April 15, 2020 / 12:43 am

I love this advice. It’s so strange that suddenly everyday routine and things we have taken for granted have gone for the time being. But I agree that at this time we have to focus on self care to make sure we are doing well physically and mentally. I have been reading lots in the garden and I find that I can disconnect as I’m not constantly checking the news on my phone. I everything went well in your new job.

xo Sarah | Oomph London

April 16, 2020 / 12:12 am

Right??? After this whole pandemic is over, we will appreciate things more. Good to hear that you’re reading a lot and staying away from news.
      Everything is well with my job. Thanks very much, Sarah. πŸ™‚

April 15, 2020 / 11:57 pm

Way to go, Jennifer!

2. April 15, 2020 / 7:32 pm

Indeed it is hard to stay positive and motivated in these very dark and trying times. I just push forward like I always have. I am use to working from home and not leaving my house a lot so not too much new there just worse now. I stay productive something else I am use to. I have been laid off 8 times in three different industries on two coasts all due to mergers, buyouts, bad economies and the loss of industry so I am use to rolling with the punches, in fact that is more or less all I have ever known. But for a lot of first world people this is a whole new ride…

April 16, 2020 / 12:16 am

You’re a fighter, Allie. I admire your strength. Everyone is different and responds to situations differently.Ha!
      Thanks much for the contribution. πŸ™‚

April 15, 2020 / 11:51 pm

Good to hear that, Mariann. Bless! πŸ™‚

3. April 15, 2020 / 7:38 pm

I totally agree to your tips and you look so fantastic in your fur coat, dear Missy May! Please stay healthy and safe!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena

April 15, 2020 / 11:51 pm

Good to hear that, Rena. Thank you! I will do that and likewise.

4. April 15, 2020 / 9:09 pm

GREAT Post!! I hear you have been working out with your Son. Fantastic!! I really need to to do more. . . On Tuesday’s I walk to grocery shop armed with wipes & my cloth mask and clock 5,003 steps. That’s it! I’m trying my best to stay 6ft from the Fridge and snack only on Fruits. Yesss. . .THANK GOD we are still alive!

April 16, 2020 / 12:04 am

Thanks much, auntie Neti! One day at a time. Haha…that’s the way to go. I do the same as well.
      As for the snacking, I do eat fruits, but the sugar get the best of me as well. Amen! πŸ™‚

5. April 16, 2020 / 9:00 am

Totally agree with you hun, fantastic tips. I have been working out with my boys as we can’t go out for walks or runs. Grateful we have a large enough garden to run around in! Take care and stay safe beautiful!

Lovely

April 18, 2020 / 10:47 pm

Good to hear that, Lovely! Good mama you are. Thanks for sharing.

6. April 16, 2020 / 12:34 pm

I’m actively staying away from news and rumours because it creates so much panic! Exercising and getting fresh air during down time has made a huge difference too.

Anika | chaptersofmay.com

April 18, 2020 / 10:29 pm

That is the way to go, Anika. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

7. April 16, 2020 / 6:47 pm

I agree, I find that looking at the news too much can be stressful because there are so many differing opinions and negative news out there that it does no good!

April 18, 2020 / 10:36 pm

Good to hear that, Sunday. Thanks for sharing.

8. April 17, 2020 / 8:08 am

Hope you’re doing well!
    I’ve been working out everyday and trying to keep busy with things I enjoy doing the most.

April 18, 2020 / 10:28 pm

I’m well by the grace of God. Thanks and hope you too.
      Good to hear that, Radi. Thanks for the contribution.

9. April 17, 2020 / 11:42 am

It is so natural right now to go through a wide range of emotions. Going into 2020 no one really expected having to spend months in quarantine. I do hope the situation improves, so that we can all move on with our lives and go back to our pre-quarantine lifestyle. I hope that people will come out of this being kinder, wiser and more grateful for even some very little things that now make so much more sense to us. Stay safe lovely xx

Naya

April 18, 2020 / 11:10 pm

It sure is and I couldn’t agree more. I hope so too, Naya dear. Thanks much for the contribution. Stay safe too! πŸ™‚

10. April 17, 2020 / 1:38 pm

I’m glad to hear you’re staying safe.
    There are days when it’s really difficult to stay positive but all the things you share are definitely perfect to combat anxiety.
    Window shopping is always the best to cheer me up. πŸ™‚
    And I also feel really grateful for my family and I to be healthy right now.
    Stay safe.
    xx
    Margot

April 18, 2020 / 11:06 pm

Thanks much, Margot!
      I couldn’t agree more.
      You and me both on window shopping. πŸ™‚
      Thank God and pray y’all continue to be safe/well.

11. Georgia
    April 17, 2020 / 7:22 pm

This is a great post, and I can completely relate to that lack of motivation to post new things on the blog in the midst of everything that’s going on. Totally going to heed your advice on online window shopping – it’s amazing how much better I feel having a scroll through my fave shops <3

//teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

April 18, 2020 / 11:04 pm

Good to hear that, Georgia! I know right, not easy at all. I’m glad that helped.
      Thank you for the contribution. Stay safe! πŸ™‚

12. April 18, 2020 / 8:26 pm

I love the different things you do to keep going while being under lockdown. YESSS ON WINDOW SHOPPING! That is totally my vibe hahaa. It is good to be thankful too!

Nancy β™₯ exquisitely.me

April 18, 2020 / 10:53 pm

Good to hear that, Nancy! Hahaha….my kind if gurl. Most definitely! Thanks for sharing. πŸ™‚

13. April 19, 2020 / 7:26 am

Wise words. It’s crazy that we’re going through this pandemic, but you’re right, we’ve been warned countless times that we were due for one. It is so important we stay home, really that is all we can do to prevent the spread. And at the heart of it, despite being bored and tired from what is happening people tend to forget how lucky they are to simply have a roof over their heads. This is something I remind myself when I’m feeling a certain way.

Sxx
    daringcoco.com

April 20, 2020 / 10:56 pm

I couldn’t agree more with you on everything, Sonia. Thanks much for adding to the topic.

14. April 19, 2020 / 4:02 pm

A really good list! I have been trying to check the news only once a day other wise it consumes me. Dressing up even when we are at home is great fun. Hope you’re well xx

Violethollow.com

April 20, 2020 / 10:53 pm

Good to hear that, Sam! That’s the way to go. Thanks for sharing.

15. April 20, 2020 / 12:56 am

I love online window shopping! It’s fun adding things to the cart and then closing the window so I won’t actually buy it. During this time, I’ve been watching a lot of Netflix to just get some good laughs in and entertain myself.

Mai
    ✰ maidoesthings.com

April 20, 2020 / 10:50 pm

Haha….omg I do that same too, Mai. I only buy it if I can’t stop thinking about it. Lol! I’ve
      been binge watching Netflix too. Thank you for sharing.

16. April 20, 2020 / 4:23 pm

I definitely think that dressing up as per usual really helps. Dressing up. Doing your face. Any form of normality really helps in these weird times.

-Didier

April 20, 2020 / 10:48 pm

Good to hear that, Didier. Definitely! Thanks for sharing.

17. April 21, 2020 / 3:53 pm

You have given some great tips. I love your idea of posting some positivity and motivation on the blog. We should stay away from fake news. Window shopping is a great idea, I have a big wishlist for my closet…hahaha.

Have a great day.
    Kisses <3

April 22, 2020 / 12:20 am

Good to hear that, hun. Nope to fake new! Hahaha…hope your wishlist comes to fruition.
      Thanks for stopping by and stay well.
      Likewise! πŸ™‚

April 22, 2020 / 12:18 am

Good to hear that. Thanks for sharing! πŸ™‚

18. April 21, 2020 / 6:32 pm

Rest and be thankful is the name of the game right now!
    Hope you’re safe + well, babe!

April 22, 2020 / 12:18 am

Most definitely, Ashley dear!
      I am by the grace of God. Thanks and hope you too. πŸ™‚

19. April 22, 2020 / 2:11 am

Getting dressed, meaning out of my pjs, is so helpful for me! It makes me feel more motivated to get things done and want to be productive. Love the idea of staying fit during this crazy time, and I’ve found Blogilates to be a great resource for me.

Hope all is well with you, friend! πŸ™‚

Make Life Marvelous

April 25, 2020 / 12:21 am

Good to hear that, Ashley. Way to go, friend! πŸ™‚
      I’m well by the grace of God and hope you too. Happy weekend! Thanks much! πŸ™‚

20. April 22, 2020 / 12:23 pm

I’ve been window shopping online too, and way to much, from buying small random stuff I don’t actually need, to checking out houses I could not afford. But it keeps me busy and gets my minds away from all the negativity πŸ™‚
    And of course staying in regular touch with my family and some friends is the best part of the day, especially since I’ve been left alone.

LackaDaisy

April 25, 2020 / 12:20 am

Girllll you and I both. A good way to keep positive if you ask me. Wonderful! Keep it up and lets hope for the best. Thanks much for the contribution. πŸ™‚

April 22, 2020 / 9:59 pm

So are you, dear Nina. My pleasure!
      Likewise and thank you. πŸ™‚

21. April 23, 2020 / 9:50 pm

Great tips, totally agree babe! It’s really important to try to remain optimistic!!!
    Stay safe please!
    Kisses, Paola.

Expressyourself

April 23, 2020 / 11:44 pm

Thanks much, Paola! Truth!
      Will do and likewise!
      Hugs!!

22. April 25, 2020 / 4:21 pm

These are great ways to stay more positive. Getting dressed up often improves my mood. Thank you for sharing.

23. April 26, 2020 / 4:56 pm

I absolutely get tons of inspiration from when I read some of the tips you also mention like “get dressed to start your day” I love it and I’m not so fussy about the clothes as long as it’s comfy – but the make-up i think is such a waste and I am loving to get my skin to breathe. Is magic!

Have a lovely Sunday, xox
    Ana C, http://www.adreamersland.com

April 26, 2020 / 10:30 pm

Good to hear that, Ana. I don’t makeup everyday, only when I’m going out to shoot.
      Have a blessed week ahead. Thanks you! πŸ™‚

24. April 27, 2020 / 8:11 am

Thank you so much for these tips xx I hope you are keeping safe at the moment <3

findyourownhope.com

April 28, 2020 / 10:29 pm

My pleasure and I sure am. Hope you too, Susie. Thanks πŸ™‚

25. April 29, 2020 / 1:10 am

Some awesome ideas! I definitely had a lot to look forward to this year that has basically been canceled due to the pandemic. But it’s all about perspective. Thank you for the encouragement and positivity.

By Rocio V

April 29, 2020 / 1:17 am

You’re definitely not alone, Rocio. I couldn’t agree more with you on perspective. My pleasure! Thanks much for visiting
      and adding to the topic. πŸ™‚

26. June 1, 2020 / 7:56 pm

Great uplifting post, Mavis! We need these motivations right now and we must lift each other up to face the uncertainties and fear that has engulfed the whole world into! I can never get enough of such positive posts all round the internet, and I’m almost soaking up everything positive and motivating to keep my spirits high and positive!

I can relate to so many things you’ve mentioned above! Totally love this post and bookmarked!
    Many Congratulations on your YouTube channel. I was more than happy to subscribe and like <3 Stay connected. Stay Safe.

Much Love,
    Epsita | https://www.thepositivewindow.com/

June 10, 2020 / 10:39 pm

Thanks so much, Epsita and good to hear that. You and me both when it comes to positive posts. Keep me going!
      Appreciate ya much! Much love! Stay safe and well. πŸ™‚