2 WORDS THAT SUMS UP MY NEW YEAR GOALS…

new year goalsIs there a time limit for wishing people ‘happy new year’? Well If there is I hope I’m not too late to wish everyone a happy new year. Its been a minute on the blog. Sometimes one doesn’t know they need a break until they’re presented with that opportunity. Anyways hope y’all had a lovely Christmas with your love ones and welcome to 2020. The Lord has been and continues to be good to us. It is a blessing to make it this far considering our imperfections and the craziness going on in the world. We can only hope to get/do better from here. At least that is the prayer. Like each year, we start super hopeful and hyper to take on the world with our resolutions, visions or goals, but how many of us actually follow through? This has apparently given resolutions such a bad rep. I don’t blame people too much, honestly there’s something about new year that just makes you wanna start afresh (hence new year goals, resolutions, vision).

When it comes to me personally, I find that starting the goals isn’t the problem, but staying CONSISTENT (first word) is the big-O problem. This is something I have noticed about myself for awhile now and I hope to stop it this decade, 2020. One of the goals last year was to live a healthy lifestyle which was going so well, but somehow somewhere I got unmotivated and out the window goes the work I busted my behind for. With the hustle and bustle of life, it is inevitable. The plan is to take it slowly one day at a time, stay clear of negative environment that doesn’t support my journey and bounce back even when I fall off the wagon once in awhile.

The second word to accomplish the new year goals is TRY. Not sure of something? Why not give it a try to see if it’ll work out or not. This is one of my mantras in 2020. Get out of my comfort zone and get rid of self doubt, and to try something new. With that said, I’ve signed up for swimming lessons which began on Monday and I’m happy to report that my horrific fear of pools is defeated. Also after 10 years of opening a YouTube channel, I’ve decided to give it a go with posting some video contents this year. I’m not sure where this is going, but I am willing to try. Below is a recap video I edited and shared. Please watch, subscribe and let me know what you think. This will mean a lot to me. Expert advice is needed.Β  Thanks much for your support throughout last year and cheers to another year of inspiring and connecting with one another.

Any new year goals or resolutions? Lets chat about it in the comment area.

Thanks much for your visits and meaningful comments. Have a blessed week.

As always, I would love to connect with everyone onΒ INSTAGRAMΒ andΒ TWITTER.

1. January 8, 2020 / 4:15 am

Happy 2020. . .Git it Gurl!! I Loved the vlog and I really enjoyed watching it. I’m not an expert and have no idea how to make a You tube video, but I can only say that it is visually appealing to me. My word for 2020 is also Consistency and God knows I try to be consistent. Looking forward to more. . . .

January 9, 2020 / 8:27 pm

Sure will, auntie! Good to hear that. Means a lot and yes to being consistent together in 2020. Thanks much πŸ™‚

2. January 8, 2020 / 7:04 pm

Happy New year Missy May. I don’t believe it’s too late yet! My guiding word for 2020 is “action”. Well done for uploading your first video! I’m looking forward to seeing more. On another note, the spray painter at the end is talented!

Madeline
    madelinewilsonojo.com

January 9, 2020 / 8:40 pm

Good to hear that, Madeline. “Action” is great! Thanks much for watching the video and I couldn’t agree more with ya on the painter. I was blown away. I ended up buying what he created. Ha!

January 9, 2020 / 8:27 pm

Aw sorry to hear that, Jennifer. Hope you feel strong and better soon. Thank you!

3. January 8, 2020 / 10:18 pm

Consistency can definitely be difficult. Especially bc life can be so predictable. I love that this year your word is try. Because trying is the first step that most people don’t even do!

January 9, 2020 / 8:35 pm

I couldn’t agree more, Rach. Thank youuuuu….

4. January 8, 2020 / 10:54 pm

I don’t generally set goals at the new year but try to accomplish things throughout the year. But it is a good time to regroup and see where you are in life and getting healthier is always a good thing. And Happy New Year to you too!

January 9, 2020 / 8:32 pm

Good to hear that. Sounds great, Allie. Thanks much!

5. January 9, 2020 / 12:11 am

I’m still wishing everyone a New Year, so I think you’re good! Ahh, I am so bad with being consistent with some things and others are super easy for me! Like, I’m great with my workouts, but eating clean and healthy is more of a struggle. I guess we just keep on tryin’!!

January 9, 2020 / 8:34 pm

Ha!! Good to hear that, Carrie. Oh you and I both then. I’m good at the exercising, but healthy diet is the problem. Lol!
      Thanks much and yes to keep on trying.

6. January 9, 2020 / 6:44 am

Is there a point when it’s too late? Maybe end of Jan, if you hadn’t spoken to someone? I’d never contemplated this thought before, now I’m going to drive myself crazy! Hehehe! Congrats on conquering the fear of the pool! What a strong start to the New Year. And speaking of, wishing you nothing but the best!

Sxx
    daringcoco.com

January 9, 2020 / 8:41 pm

Hahahahaaa…please don’t drive yourself crazy! I suppose when you haven’t seen someone for awhile, happy new year is in order.
      Thanks so much! Wishing you nothing, but the best too, Sonia. Appreciated!

January 9, 2020 / 8:24 pm

Thank you, Francesca!

7. Kathrine Eldridge
    January 9, 2020 / 12:25 pm

Love the words you chose for 2020! My word is wait which means waiting on the Lord’s plans and not mine. Happy New Year Missy!

January 9, 2020 / 8:24 pm

Thank you, Kathrine and good to always wait on the Lord. Wonderful!

January 9, 2020 / 8:25 pm

My pleasure and feel free! Thank you!

8. January 9, 2020 / 5:00 pm

Happy 2020! I wish you all the best in this new year. Trying new things is always good. Being consistent can be a challenge but it is so important for developing our skills and improving ourselves, isn’t it?

January 9, 2020 / 8:38 pm

Thank you and likewise! It sure is indeed, Ivana!

January 9, 2020 / 9:50 pm

Good to hear that. Thank you!

9. January 9, 2020 / 9:36 pm

Happy New Year, Schwester! Yes, to 2020 and new beginnings. I like your mantra. This year I plan to take a break from social and blog to do more exciting projects and connect with old friends, hopefully. Great video!
    x/M

January 9, 2020 / 9:53 pm

Happy new year, sis! Amen and good to hear that. A break is sometimes needed so I get it. Thanks much!

10. January 10, 2020 / 4:07 am

Sometimes we set goals and forget about them because we are not consistent. My goal this year is to go back and check on my goals and work towards achieving them. I am going to TRY to learn photography. It’s scary but I want to try it. Thanks for sharing this post, sis. Happy new year! Let’s keep each other accountable.

January 10, 2020 / 10:23 pm

You’re so right, sis! That is what I am doing as well, because I couldn’t achieve everything I wanted last year. All the best with the photography. Don’t worry, you’ll do great sis. My pleasure and yes to keeping each other accountable. Happy new year! Thank you πŸ™‚

11. January 10, 2020 / 9:49 am

Happy New Year my sweet friend!! May you be blessed and reach all your goals with great adventure. I need to do more this year as well. Sometimes I step back and just daydream too much, so I am going to push myself to put those daydreams into reality.And I need some adventures too, go see places I’ve not been before, even if it’s in my area. But, you can do it!!! Make this year the best!! Am rooting for you :))) x

January 10, 2020 / 10:41 pm

Happy new year dear friend! Amen and same to you, beautiful. I hear you on that. I can defo relate some ways.
      Hope we go for it this year by the grace of God. Thanks much and I’m rooting for you too. :-))))

12. January 10, 2020 / 10:26 am

There is no time limit to wish Happy New Year! so Happy New Year hahaha – a break is definitely good, I took a loooong one for blogging and it gave me a better sense of purpose on my writing and what I want to do. I’m not looking for consistency this year, just to thrive and be okay with that.

with love,
    Bash
    Hey Bash

January 10, 2020 / 10:46 pm

Hahahaaa….I hear you on that, Bash. A break is sometimes important and yes to consistency and thriving. Thank you – much love!! πŸ™‚

13. January 11, 2020 / 12:29 pm

Happy 2020 dear! I can totally understand your new year’s resolutions frustration; most of us tend to either forget or drop them altogether. This is why I feel like having goals is a much better approach. You do not have to be overly strict with yourself, but having a list of at least five things you want to improve on each year (or every 6 months) is far more enjoyable. And so true what you said about saying “yes” to new experiences. I’ve started doing this back in December last year and can already tell just how much more fun my life has been ever since! Good luck dear xx

Naya

January 12, 2020 / 8:07 pm

Happy 2020, Naya!! Setting goals is the best for sure and definitely going that route. Good to hear that setting goals is working for you. Thanks much for sharing. All the best to us all this year, dear. πŸ™‚

14. January 11, 2020 / 3:51 pm

Hello,
    Usually, I never comment on blogs but your blog is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man, Keep it up

January 12, 2020 / 8:04 pm

Thank you, Tarequl!

15. January 13, 2020 / 2:09 am

Happy New Year! Consistent and Try are such good words to focus on! One of my goals this year is to step out of my comfort zone and try new things!

Jill – Doused in Pink

January 13, 2020 / 8:05 am

Thank you, Jill and good to hear that. Best of luck to us all. πŸ™‚

16. January 13, 2020 / 10:08 am

Happy New year beautiful, great too see you video and it’s never too late darling! Can’t wait to see more, have a wonderful week.

Lovely

January 13, 2020 / 8:42 pm

Thanks so much, Lovely! Means a lot. Have a wonderful week too. πŸ™‚

17. January 13, 2020 / 3:21 pm

Happy Belated New Year, my beautiful Mavis! I think consistency and trying are wonderful goals for the new year. I’ve been there, so I can relate! I don’t make resolutions. I find, for me, it’s better just to focus on being a better version of myself. πŸ™‚ I will check out your vid too! Happy new week, my friend!

January 13, 2020 / 8:46 pm

Happy New Year, dear friend! Most definitely and yes to bettering ourselves. Thanks much and appreciated, beautiful. πŸ™‚

January 14, 2020 / 4:07 pm

Good to hear that, Kathleen! Thanks and best of luck too. πŸ™‚

January 16, 2020 / 8:24 pm

Thank you, Jess dear! Likeiwse, beautiful!

18. January 18, 2020 / 12:58 am

I love both of your words for the new year! That’s wonderful that you started taking swimming lessons and have conquered your fear. Wishing you all the best in 2020!

x Kara | http://karascloset.net

19. January 24, 2020 / 3:50 am

I couldn’t love the words you chose more!!! Trying is so important and consistency is absolute key! Hope 2020 is great for you x

findyourownhope.com

20. February 8, 2020 / 10:51 pm

It is such a good idea, to choose words for this year.
    Lovely ones πŸ™‚
    mine is “NO”. It is a quiet negative one, but I definetly need to stay true to myself and say NO to everything that is toxic and hurting me πŸ˜‰

take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM