5 STATEMENT PIECES I’M CRUSHING ON RIGHT NOW…

statement piecesValentine’s day is done and dusted, but who says red has to be only worn on val’s day. Y’all know red is my favourite colour. It is a colour that speaks volume to me. It screams confidence! With spring here and few weddings to attend, I have the urge to add new pieces to my closet. The weather has changed drastically over here in the UK (well in my town) and I couldn’t be more happier. It literally feels like summer from twelve noon.

I have a lot of going out dresses, but realised that I barely own any gowns. In the african community, when a lady attends someone’s wedding looking sophisticated in a gown, people tend to throw a bit of shade like, “why are you all dolled up, are you trying to steal the bride’s spot.” Having this at the back of my mind has always made me shy away from gowns. Ha!! In two months I might be emceeing a friend’s wedding reception and this could be a perfect moment to grab me one. -Specifically that particular red gown on my wishlist. I love the beautiful lace detailing on the neckline and the slight sexy off-shoulder style (just like the curvy red dress with black panels).

Bodysuits have become such a staple in every girl’s closet. They’re so easy going. Whether dressed up or down, they’re hustle free. Plus they’re bathing suits too. Berets have been having a moment in the style world. Add a touch of Parisian chic vibe to your looks anyday. Statement earrings are a must for me. Personally I prefer them to necklaces.

In case you’re also interested in any of these statement pieces on my wishlist; BeretCurve midi dressEarringspolka dots bodysuit

What are you crushing on now? Are you spring shopping? Do share!

Thanks much for your visits and meaningful comments. Hope your week is going well.

As always, I would love to connect with everyone on INSTAGRAM and TWITTER.

1. February 27, 2019 / 12:25 am

You would look amazing rocking every single one of the very fashionable outfit pieces in this wishlist! I’m already imagining you wearing them – they all look very attractive. I especially love both of those red dresses.

2. February 27, 2019 / 3:27 pm

There’s a bit of that in my culture as well, but really it depends on the wedding. If it’s more casual, then it’s not appropriate to wear a gown but if it’s more formal, then gowns are perfect. The red one is beautiful.

3. February 27, 2019 / 4:14 pm

Hi Missy
    I love red too. Its so vibrant and energetic color.
    That dress is perfect to attend a wedding. I think is so sophisticated.

marisasclosetblog.com

4. February 28, 2019 / 10:28 am

You would look amazing with any of these things, I love them all :))) x

February 28, 2019 / 4:08 pm

Red is always a good idea. It’s such a statement color and we all have some kind of statement to make.

6. February 28, 2019 / 5:36 pm

I love, love, LOVE that gown. And I think you should do you. Find something you’ll look amazing in whether it’s a full gown or not and don’t worry about any shade! Especially if you’re an emcee. Being IN the wedding means you have to show out and the last thing you want to do is be underdressed for the occasion. So go get it, girl! I know you’ll look amazing, you always do!
    AMY | LITTLE LUXE LOOKBOOK

February 28, 2019 / 10:05 pm

Yes Amy!! Thanks so much for the confidence boost. I couldn’t agree more with you. Appreciated!

7. February 28, 2019 / 7:09 pm

That polka dotted blouse is so cute and I love those statement earrings!! I love red on me, but I don’t wear it as much as I should!

8. February 28, 2019 / 8:42 pm

Hello Missy,
    I am really crushing on that red gown. I understand that no one wants to upstage the bride, but I do hope you can find an occasion to buy it. I also love that polkadot bodysuit. You have the best taste. I am so glad that it is getting warm there! It is so cold here. Brrr…
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle

9. alimackin2013
    February 28, 2019 / 9:19 pm

Yeah you know I think the last time I wore a gown was at my sisters wedding though I was in the wedding party. She is divorced now my nephews are in hight school if that gives you any idea. Haha You should totally wear it!!

10. February 28, 2019 / 9:23 pm

Such cute red pieces! I’m really loving the red maxi dress, it’s stunning and would look great on you! 🙂

Hope that your week is going well so far and you have a nice weekend planned 🙂

Away From The Blue

March 1, 2019 / 11:35 pm

Good to hear that, Cris and thank you.

11. March 1, 2019 / 12:22 am

I love your choices here sis. Red is such a beautiful color.

March 1, 2019 / 11:33 pm

Good to hear that Benita. Thank you!

12. March 1, 2019 / 1:10 pm

I am crushing for the animal prints, especially the leo 🙂 I like the pieces you picked!
    Dorie from http://www.thedorie.com

March 1, 2019 / 11:34 pm

That makes the two of us, Dorie. Good to hear that and thank you. 🙂

13. sundaydahlias
    March 1, 2019 / 3:59 pm

I’m really into polka dots right now!! On the lookout for a cute dress to wear this spring and summer!

March 1, 2019 / 11:32 pm

That makes the two of us then. Good to hear that and hope you find a good one.
      Thanks much 🙂

14. March 1, 2019 / 5:31 pm

What a nice list! Love the polkadot blouse (and the fact that it is a body so it i’ll stay in place at all times)

lots of love, Miri

March 1, 2019 / 11:33 pm

Thank you Miri. Yes to that!!
      Much love back!

15. March 1, 2019 / 6:01 pm

I have a thing for berets right now, so I cannot help but want that one!^^
    Great selection anyway, especially that red gown, looks wonderful!
    XO
    S

March 1, 2019 / 11:37 pm

Good to hear that, S. Ha!!
      Thanks much!

March 2, 2019 / 7:31 pm

Good to hear that Maria. Thank you 🙂

16. March 2, 2019 / 5:22 am

These are absolutely fabulous pieces dear, especially the first dress. Classy, gorgeous, and classic dress.

Jessica | notjessfashion.com

March 2, 2019 / 7:30 pm

Thanks much Jess dear.

17. March 2, 2019 / 7:50 pm

red is always a good idea.
    Lovely color and so eyecatchy.
    Amazing picks my dear.

take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

March 3, 2019 / 7:15 pm

Thank you Amely dear. 🙂

18. March 3, 2019 / 12:32 pm

My latest crush is anything beige, I’m super excited about this trend! I Love the earrings but looks like the link expired. xx

We’ve recently launched the BLOGGSY app with its amazing collab tools to build your influencer business! We’re in the process of onboarding hundreds of exciting users to the Bloggsy team over the next few months. With Bloggsy you will be able to:

1) connect with other users, brands, professionals, amazing bloggers around the world and start collaborating
    2) promote your skills/services and create endless earning opportunities
    3) browse for services/skills that you need and apply for collaborations
    3) swap contacts, ideas, tips and create together
    4) earn money with a huge referral scheme for every of your followers that will download the app.

We would love for you to try it out and give some feedback.

To view the website click here http://www.bloggsy.com/

HAVE A FABULOUS WEEKEND
    MUCH LOVE,
    ELEGANT DUCHESS XX

19. March 3, 2019 / 3:42 pm

I know red is the favourite colour of both of us, dear Missy May 🙂 Love what you want to get and want to have each single piece right now in my closet 🙂
    xx Rena

March 3, 2019 / 7:15 pm

Wonderful Rena!! Good to hear that and thanks much. 🙂

March 3, 2019 / 7:14 pm

Oh good to hear that, Sonia. Thanks you 🙂

March 3, 2019 / 10:41 pm

Sure are, Sophie! Thank you!

20. March 3, 2019 / 8:03 pm

I’m obsessed with red too for the same reason Missy. It screams confidence and is a color I wear year round regardless of vday. Oddly, I don’t usually wear it on that day, lol. I love your featured fashion picks on this post. You are going to look beautiful at your friends wedding in a gown and that will be your time to no longer feel a certain way about stealing the shine from future brides gong forward. For spring, I’m crushing on wide leg pants and I’m always a fan of off the shoulder tops so I’ll be wearing plenty of those this season.

Xo,

March 3, 2019 / 10:44 pm

Oh good to hear that, Pentene. Wonderful and couldn’t agree more. Thanks ever so much.
      Nothing comforting like wide leg pants. I love off the shoulder tops as well. This year I want to invest in a good strapless bra that will hold dem babes up well
      so I can wear em more too. Ha!!

21. March 5, 2019 / 10:54 am

All theses items I could buy them too !
    I also love berets, statement earrings and body’s.
    I also love gown like this too I just need the event to wear it to
    Xx
    Margot

March 5, 2019 / 9:24 pm

Good to hear that, Margot! Thanks muchas! 🙂

22. karasclosetblog
    March 8, 2019 / 12:42 am

I can see why you’re crushing on these items; they’re all beautiful! Red is a really stunning color and I’ve always loved the impact it can make on an outfit. That red gown is gorgeous and would be a great choice to wear to a wedding. And I love the polka dot body suit too! When bodysuit’s first became a thing I swore I would never wear them, and now I love how easy they are.

x Kara | http://karascloset.net

March 8, 2019 / 9:11 pm

Thanks much Kara and good to hear that you can relate to the colour red. Appreciated! 🙂

23. March 12, 2019 / 3:02 pm

I agree with you, my beautiful Mavis! Red is a powerful color! And you look gorgeous in it! I do adore that dress with the lace neckline. You would look lovely in it emceeing your friend’s wedding reception. 🙂

March 12, 2019 / 9:06 pm